Once There Was A Man Who Loved The Mountains


Sometimes our Light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. 
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who rekindled this Light.
Albert Schweitzer








Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike.
-John Muir


A small sample of hikes with Ralph...


Come to the edge, he said.
We are afraid, they said.
Come to the edge he said,
They came to the edge.
He pushed them.... and they flew.
-Guillaume Apollinaire








Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.
-Ancient Chinese Proverb


 

Once There Was A Man Who Loved the Mountains.
And He Showed Them To Anyone Who Would Look.



The mountains are calling and I must go.
-John Muir

Comments

  1. I shall love you always Ralph Moore. Thank you for being my rock. Thank you for sharing the mountains. Thank you for helping me not be afraid. Thank you for the encouragement. Thank you for telling me I'm a goat and not a sheep.Thank you making me question everything I believed in. Thank you for all the hikes, walks, and talks. I shall miss you always in this realm. I shall miss your laughter, your wittiness, your advise, your dedication to causes you believed in, your example, and your wisdom. I'm honoured and privileged to have known you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts